The safety of our students, faculty and staff remains our top priority during this unprecedented time.
As the local public health situation continues to improve, the University has resumed allowing visitors on campus. Beginning May 2, 2022, the Division of Continuing Education will open our buildings to visitors and look forward to welcoming summer students back to campus in June.
Health and Safety
To reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19, Harvard University Health Services (HUHS) and Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) have established protocols for visitors and for the Harvard community members who invite visitors to campus. We will follow these protocols and adapt them for DCE.
Harvard University requires some visitors to attest to their vaccination status and wellness prior to entering campus facilities.
Please review visitors who need to complete this self-assessment form before entering Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) buildings. A green check mark will be emailed to you, indicating that you are clear to come to the DCE campus. Visitors should be prepared to present it when requested.
|Visitors who do not need to complete a self-assessment form before accessing DCE buildings||Visitors who need to complete a self-assessment form|
before accessing DCE buildings
|Harvard University affiliates, including Faculty/TAs teaching in courses and Harvard Staff from other units||Harvard Extension School students (Spring/Fall students) |
|Harvard Summer School students (classroom spaces)||Harvard Summer School students (administrative spaces)|
|Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement (HILR) participants||Non-affiliated Business Associates with permission from DCE Administration & Finance|
|Professional Development Program participants|
Office Hours for Information/Services
|Admissions Office||Degree Offices/Advisors||Enrollment Services||Student Financial|
|Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm||Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9 am – 5 pm||Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 am – 12 pm and 2 pm – 4 pm||Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 am – 12 pm and 2 pm – 4 pm||Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 am – 12 pm and 2 pm – 4 pm|
Appointment only for Financial Aid
General Visitor Guidelines
- Per University guidelines, masks are optional however DCE staff reserve the right to ask visitors to wear a mask for appointments and/or in private offices.
- Visitors to 51 Brattle will need to check in with the Security Guard and fill out a self-assessment form, if necessary (see above).
- Visitors will need to sign in and will be given a visitor badge.
- Appointments: Please bring confirmation email to gain access to a building.
- After appointments, visitors will be instructed to leave the building.
- Visitors will not be allowed in the building after office hours and will not be referred to other offices that don’t have office hours.
Program Specific Guidelines
To learn more about how to keep yourself and the DCE community healthy during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, please visit the program pages below. Here you will find information on some of the important changes we have made to how we live, learn, teach, and work to protect our community.
- Harvard Extension School COVID updates
- Harvard Summer School COVID updates
- Professional Development COVID updates
- Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement COVID updates
You may also visit Harvard University’s COVID-19 information page, Keep Harvard Healthy.